Pages Tabs

 photo Home_zps84cc54f6.jpg  photo About_zpsf956b413.jpg  photo pr_zps54be3163.jpg  photo follow_zps471f6f78.jpg  photo bloglovin_zpsabc84ff6.jpg  photo INT_zpsacea5ca0.jpg  photo wand_zpsb8d9df73.jpg

This Is Real Vintage


I'm one of those people, who always thinks they should have lived in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. Basically I should have a TARDIS. Each of those eras give me a sense of nostalgia.

My Grandparents are so special to me, and I have always and always will look up to them.
They were and still are the most glamorous and beautiful couple. Literally straight out of a 1950's film. 

So I thought I would share a few pictures with you...

I think stories like this warm the heart, and it lets us focus on the positive side of being human. The world can be pretty awful (most of the time) but it is beautiful when you look hard enough.

I would love to hear about who you look up to, or who makes you realize the positives, comment below!


Now of course the next best thing to dressing in a vintage style is actually buying vintage clothes. Now I love them, but they are a tad too pricey at times, and it is at these times that we can turn to our modern day retailer. My favourite is my Grandma's play-suit, I think it probably was a bathing costume, but now-days it would be classed as a play-suit.
She wore it with a fabulous giant straw hat, and a cute white ribbon in her hair. 
Now my Grandma wasn't the only stylish one. My Grandad was a dashing young man in the army, so had a uniform to go along with his handsome looks.

As you can see he loves a fabulous straw hat, and that knit vest goes perfectly with those knobbly knees!

So, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm boasting or going on and on! So I'll end it here, saying how perfectly amazing these two human beings are. And I feel incredibly privileged to have them for Grandparents.



Please comment below
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment